Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
rudyvink
rudyvink

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:59pm

Post Subject: Perkins MC42 Parts

I'm looking for Oil and Fuel fliters that will fit a 1993 Perkins MC42. Where can I get them or is there a compatiable alternative?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:30am

I have looked at a picture of your engine and the fuel filter seems to be the standard Delphi/Lucas/CAV 296 element. The oil filter is more difficult so I suggest that you take it off so you can measure it and the use this website http://www.filtrauto.com/eindex.html to identify the correct one. If you clean the old filter many local motor factors will do their best to match it for you. Once you have the new filters note the numbers. The oil filter looks very like a Metro one, but as I do not know about the thread that is not very helpful. Tony Brooks

rover220
rover220

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:28pm

i have also had a look at a pic and it looks very similar to the filters we use on a couple of our hire fleet perkins. part number escapes me but will have a look tomorrow and take a couple of pics to see if it helps you identify it.

rudyvink
rudyvink

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:03pm

Hi Rover 220, Thanks for your reply. Did you have a chance to have alook at your hire fleet boats and get the part number for the Perkins MC42 oil filter? Cheers

mark and linda
mark and linda

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:15pm

hi phone ted at stirling filtration 01902 491118 he will help and deliver

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 45.  Total Objects: 164.  Total Unserialized: 5. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.