Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Kaz
Kaz

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:51pm

Post Subject: WATER TANK

Hi, got a 'blank canvas' of a hull which we are currently working on. Hopefully one day it may float and look like a narrowboat. At the water tank stage and could do with some advice on the size of tank needed (the most common) for water supply ie: to run shower (no bath) and for cooking, washing up and usual domestic stuff. Not initially a liveaboard but intend to do long cruises. Any advice welcome but would appreciate it in laymans terms!!!! Thanks

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:18am

Post Subject: WATER TANK

Dear Karen, it depends upon the space you have. As you are talking about a tank we can assume that you are not going to use all the "under front well" area as the tank with the front bulkhead, the hull and the well deck as the tank or the large "locker" that is often in front of the well deck. Although there is no "rule" about where you site the tank it is probably bets to put it on the centreline of the boat to avoid listing. I think most separate tanks are accommodated under the well deck and that space limits the dimensions. A tug deck allowing a taller tank than a "normal" layout. I suspect most boat tanks are in the 100 to 150 gallon range, but as I said, I think you will be limited by space. Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.