Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
richardg...
richardg...

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:31pm

Post Subject: Lombardini focs engine

I have a Lomdardini FOCS 40hp engine on my boat and recently needed a new fuel pipe between lift pump and filter. This became a major task - factory closed for a month and despite all details given re engine to supplier still needed to be sent several diagrams of pipes. Should I be concerned about obtaining other parts for this engine or would this not be typical?

canalboat...
canalboat...

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:08am

Post Subject: Lombardini focs engine

Dear Richard, I do not see why this has to be a Lombardini part unless it has proprietary unions on the end. Almost any competent boatyard engineer should have access to some suitable copper pipe and by utilising the old union nuts and new olives (if required) they could produce a perfectly satisfactory replacement. These engines are not the most common on the waterways, it would be interesting to hear the experiences of others who have such an engine.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.