Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
sydove
sydove

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:50pm

Post Subject: Beta 43 fuel primer

Just changed the fuel filter on my Beta 43. Only then noticed that the knob is missing from the fuel primer pump. As I have not used this before, I am not clear on how it operates, Should it be possible to repair this? e.g. get a screw into what appears to be a central tube. (It does not seem to be threaded.)

Beta 43 fuel primer
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:55pm

As you can see on the forum the photo is so small as to be useless. I need to see a full size one so please email it to Tony@tb-training.co.uk. That type of primer is usually a diaphragm type pump so you may be able to operate it by pushing on the centre part but I will need see the photo to be sure.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:16pm

Thanks for the photos. It is much as I thought. I think that you can push the white plastic bit down and then a spring will push it back up. Have a good look down the hole in the white plastic bit, I think that you will see its a blind hole in the plastic moulding. If so You may be able to grind don something like a short roofing bolt to put down the hole so you have a decent "button" to press on. If you need a new one I fear it will be a whole new filter head. However you do not have to buy from Beta. A Kubota agent may be cheaper and if you google "Diesel filter with priming pump" you may well find something useful.

sydove
sydove

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35pm

Thanks for the info. In fact, I found that the primer 'rod' is threaded, which is just as well since it must be pushed & pulled down/up. (No return spring action.) I was concerned that the actuator knob had been snapped off. Looks like it had been lost along with the securing screw.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:39pm

It will almost certainly be a common metric thread so if you can estimate the diameter and try to find a screw to fit. Once you have that you can fit any type of knob you want on the screw.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.68 seconds.