Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.


To go back to the experts page click here>>


Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:47pm

Post Subject: Insurance

We are thinking of renting out our narrow boat for a few months and are struggling to find suitable insurance to cover ourselves as landlords. Has anyone got any companies they have used in the past/present please?


Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:42pm

Post Subject: Insurance

How far have you got with this? Has the boat passed or will it pass the much stricter Hire Boat BSS? Do you have or will you have a much more expensive hire boat license? Have you satisfied CaRT that your operating base is acceptable to them? Have you got or will you get the boat Gasafe tested for rentals? This is stricter than the BSS tests. Does your local council play any part in regulating hire boats? Once you get that all sorted and if it still looks viable I am sure any commercial insurance broker will be able to place a suitable policy. British Marine (was BMF) may be able to advise. Sorry f this is not the answer you want but if you do not get the BSS, licensing etc. in order any insurance out do get could well turn out to be invalid.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 1.01 seconds.