Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Felshampo
Felshampo

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25pm

Post Subject: Self pump out

I have a built in self pump out on my boat that has not been used by the previous owners. It consists of a Jabsco 53080 1 1/2 inch utility pump and valves. The valve is made by KM Marine Developments. I am unable to move the valve and don't want to force it in case it breaks as the normal pump out function works at the moment. Do you know how to move this valve? Can I take it apart and service it? Is there anyone who could service it for me?

Self pump out
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48pm

Regrettably any image you send to the Forum ends up too small to be of much use so I would prefer it if you email the image plus a side on photo to Tony@tb-training.co.uk. From what I can see the body of the valve looks circular with three semicircles sticking out. I suspect these contain screws, possibly from under neat. I think I would undo the screw that holds the handle in place in place and the take the handle off in case there is a cover that needs to slip off the operating shaft. When I get the photos I can have a better look. Note tb-training with the hyphen.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52am

I got a larger photo and was able to explain how the valve was dissembled but it was impossible to get the spool (cylinder with drillings in it) out of the valve body. That was pretty much what I expected because some plastics can and do absorb water and swell up. The questioner has ordered a new valve from Leesan

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.33 seconds.