Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Tinz69
Tinz69

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:00pm

Post Subject: Widebeam on grand union

I’ll have a new 60 x 12’ 6 widebeam sailaway to work on. I am London based but will be working on a Birmingham project this year. How close to Birmingham could I get on the grand union?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49pm

Post Subject: Widebeam on grand union

Depending on the hull and cabin profile possibly to the top of garrison locks that is all but in central Birmingham. However the stretch from Catherine De Barnes to garrison locks tends to be very rubbishy and somewhat shallow when I have been there. Also I would not moor any further north than Catherine D Barnes for security reasons. There is a very tight spot around Milton Keynes where a bridge hole has fallen into the canal but I think you will be OK with a 12 ft beam.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 1.11 seconds.