Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Turbo1948
Turbo1948

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:33pm

Post Subject: Mobile Phone Reception

Could you please let me know how I can get an external mobile signal inside my boat as, at the moment, I can only do this near a window. Many thanks, John

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:52pm

Post Subject: Mobile Phone Reception

That depends upon if your phone has a socket for an aerial so look in the manual. If it does then the list here:- http://www.canaljunction.com/boat/communications .htm will help you find a supplier. If it does not then One of the stick on aerials they sell for cars might help a little but as they are passive devices I rather doubt one will make a massive difference. Basically a steel narrowboat is just a giant Faraday cage that blocks all radio waves. If you have lots of portholes rather than windows then it makes it worse.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.