Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
cbirkby
cbirkby

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:43am

Post Subject: Pump-Out Connections

I own an ex-hire (timeshare) narrow boat. There are two connections on the side of my boat that both take a pump-out nozzle. Presumably I am supposed to follow some procedure that involves them both. Can you tell me what it is, please.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:33pm

Do you have two toilets and two tanks? Is one a grey water tank fitted just in case we ever get banned from discharging grey water into the cut. I have heard that some boats have some kind of baffled tank so if both pump outs are close to each other they may drain each side of the baffle. I am afraid that without stripping part of the boat to investigate I do not know. If you told us the timeshare company a reader may have specific knowledge, otherwise find out what yard did the servicing and ask them. Tony Brooks

cbirkby
cbirkby

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:28pm

There's just one tank and both connections are very close together, practically touching. It sounds like there's a baffle plate in the tank. After I pumping from both connections, I have tried pumping from the connection furthest from the toilet and flushing water into the other connection. This seemed to give good pump out, i.e. the boat stopped listing, but it was a long (expensive) process. I wonder whether anyone has a similar vessel - it's a typical hire boat with a control panel showing the Black Knight logo (or something similar).

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:51pm

I think thats the fleet that sold the one requiring the ladle! Sorry, Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.