Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
the69bash
the69bash

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:49pm

Post Subject: DIY yard/marina

I am buying a narrowboat lying in Mercia Marina, Derbyshire but want to mover the boat to a DIY yard/ marina with hardstanding, can anyone recommend a good place in the area?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:38am

Post Subject: DIY yard/marina

I suspect few marinas make it easy for DIY work on their hard standing so I fear you may literally have to get on your bike and talk to every such place you come across. I also suspect exactly what DIY you want to do will come into it. If it is just hull blacking it should be fairly easy to locate a dry dock and book it for a period. This is fairly normal. If you want to sand blast the hull or carry out major welding then many yards would not want the dust and muck created. It may be easier to rent an area of farm yard or field, lift the boat and transport it there for long term work. I hope people with local knowledge will reply.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.48 seconds.