Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
favours
favours

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04pm

Post Subject: 2 pack paint

What are the benefits of 2 pack if any, and how easy is it to touch up?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:02pm

It is said to be tougher but the need to mix to precise proportions and use within a certain time suggests to me it is not the most suitable for amateur application. Some my only be suitable for spray application. As for touching up you are back to the precise mixing of small quantities and limited application time. A painter may have other ideas.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:15am

Just realised you might mean two pack blacking rather than topside paint. Advantages is its much tougher, long lasting and oil/fuel resistant than bitumen based products (tar based products now banned). The disadvantages are more expensive prep needs doing to the hull before application. The need for careful mixing and short open pot times means touching up is not as easy as bitumen.

favours
favours

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:29pm

Tony, you were correct first time I did mean topside, thanks for info.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.53 seconds.