Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
ladymay
ladymay

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:57pm

Post Subject: stern gland

please can you tell me how to take up slack in my stern gland, it is not bad but it does have a very little drip, witch I put down to the packing, I do turn my grease tube twice after every trip

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:26pm

Post Subject: stern gland

Dear John, with no indication of boat type or a description of the actual gland it would take far too much space to describe the adjustment for all the possible types. Either comer back and describe the gland (does it have two "bolts" and nuts or is it a single very large nut plus thin locknut etc?) or log onto my website www.TB-Training.co.uk and look in the Maintenance course notes. There is a whole section on stern glands in there which is based on an article the magazine publishes a couple of years ago. Alternatively email me in about 10 days time when I am at home I will attach a copy of the article. Tony@tb-training.co.uk. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.