Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
marylaker...
marylaker...

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:42am

Post Subject: deck adhesive

I contacted you many months ago and have now successfully removed all the deck paint using Peel Away Marine as you suggested. One part of the deck is left with adhesive which I cannot removed . with Peel Away. Any suggestions please? (this is a GRP cruiser)

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52am

Post Subject: deck adhesive

I am pleased you got the paint off but without knowing what type of adhesive it is giving advice is difficult. Two possibilities spring to mind, acetone or cellulose thinners. Try a very small area first, put the liquid on a pad and hold it against the mess. If it softens you may have to scrape it off to prevent it just being spread about. A lot of nail varnish removers contain acetone so use that if you have any as a test before buying anything. Cellulose thinners can be bought from car accessory shops and the likes of Halfords. I don't think either will damage cured GRP but might make the surface matt.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.32 seconds.