Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Puddle...
Puddle...

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:28am

Post Subject: Heat logs

Hi are these a cost effective alternative to coal?

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:54am

Post Subject: Heat logs

If you can keep them absolutely dry and are happy with smouldering sawdust then they certainly will burn in most stoves but if they will stay in overnight I think is open to question. My brother in law gave me some a number of years ago and I was not impressed. If they got damp they tended to revert to sawdust and I felt they did not produce the heat that ordinary logs do. They also produced little or no flame. From what I have read elsewhere most boaters that use them also augment them with solid fuel. I would suggest not usually ordinary coal but a "manufactured" ovoid type fuel of which there are many brands.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.35 seconds.