Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
calvard...
calvard...

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:10am

Post Subject: Water tank

I dropped a 12" length of garden hose into my s/s water tank. No inspection panel. How can I get it out?

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:57pm

Post Subject: Water tank

Bad news I am afraid. If you take the tank out you might (note might) be able to use a length of wire to hook it out of the filler but I think the chances of that are very small indeed. Once the tank is out you could pay a stainless steel welder to cut a trap in the top of the tanks, remove the hose and then weld it up again. Alternatively he might be able to fit a bolt down inspection hatch but to be honest I think that is asking for leaks in the future. If this were mine I think the practical solution would be to pour a bottle of THIN CHEAP domestic bleach into the tank and fill the tank up to mix the solution. Then leave it overnight or for several hours and pump it out via the taps with the engine running or with a battery charge in use. Then refill the tank but it might take a few refills to get rid of the bleach taint. That would sterilise the tank and hose so you can then forget about the hose. In theory there might be an issue of the plasticisers leeching out of the hose but it's a small length of hose and water tanks are normally large so I don't think there will be a practical danger. However, If the boat were left for along period I would probably drain the tank and refill when going back aboard.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.50 seconds.