Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
andyging3
andyging3

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:36am

Post Subject: Moorings

Could you tell me exactly what a 'Pied a terre'mooring is. Many thanks Andy Ginger

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37pm

Dear Andrew, as far as I know there is no legal definition of that phrase so you really need to get the owner to send you the full terms and conditions. I suspect you will find there is a limit on the numberer of consecutive nights you can stay on the boat when on the mooring, but its the owner who can tell you. Tony Brooks

johnjo
johnjo

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:35pm

'Pied a terre' moorings - These are officially recognised moorings but you're not supposed to live there permanently. It's the equivalent of a holiday chalet where you're only allowed to live there for a certain proportion of the year.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.54 seconds.