Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bulwark
bulwark

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:56pm

Post Subject: Kingfisher KD26 Engine

I have a Kingfisher engine which has done about 10,000 hours. She's just been fitted with a new expansion/header tank as th old one had developed a hole. We've always believed that the engine cooling system was a presurised system but since fitting the new tank the engine has frequently overheated. What could be causing this problem?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:29pm

Post Subject: Kingfisher KD26 Engine

Dear John, If this is in a narrowboat I suspect the skin tank has not had the air bled from it. Air can also be trapped in kinks and bows in hoses. If you look at the earlier Kingfisher questions you will find a web address for the manuals. They may show if it is pressurised, but I would very much doubt that it has to be. If this engine has a brass Jabsco raw water fitted (it may be pumping water through the skin tank) has the impeller been changed recently - they wear out. I suspect its air. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.