Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
oldteleman
oldteleman

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:59pm

Post Subject: Immersion Heater

Hi, I have recently had to change the immersion heater element on my narrowboat due to a 2meg electrical leak between the live found it had and ground connections. upon checking the new replacement unit before wiring it in), I found the new unit had a 10meg leak when checked using 500volts. Could you please advise whether you would consider that accepable? Many Thanks, A R Duckett

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:33pm

Post Subject: Immersion Heater

Sorry Alan, I am not qualified to comment but I understand there are special marine immersions available. I expect they will be for the yachting world so you may not find them in your local inland chandlery. I hope a reader who is qualified will now give the definitive answer. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.