Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
paulfaircl
paulfaircl

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:11pm

Post Subject:

i HAVE 4108 perkins engine which I have always intended to attach a callorifier and when the engine was installed a hose linking the input and output water flow was added rather tahn blanking nuts to facilitate this. I have now decided that there is no place for a callorifier, but would like to connect radiators directly to the cooling system of the engine via the calorifier connection. To me this raisies a number of questions: 1. Is it possible to have radiators connected directly. 2. Does there need to be some independent header or pressure release or will the engine header tank and radiator cap do. 3. When the radiators are turned off do I have to have a pipe(and taps) tp bipass the radiators to maintain a flow of water. paul

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:40pm

Post Subject:

1. Yes, but how effective they will be, how long they take to warm up, what temperature they reach and what effect it may have on engine colling are all open to question. 2. If the radiator bleed points are below the engine header tank then no, but if above you will need to get a head so you can bleed them. An engine header tank will probably be the easiest but you will probably have to change the "radiator cap" for one with a seal under the top of the cap. 3. If this is conventionally piped then no because water will still be flowing around the pipes. If you string all the radiators in series then as long as that circuit is in parallel with the cooling circuit it should still be OK. Please start by fitting one or two rads and see how it goes before adding more. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.88 seconds.