Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
richardg
richardg

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:33pm

Post Subject: Leaking fresh water pump

Tony my freshwater pump has developed a leak and the water pressure has the occasional splutter. Any idea possible cause and solution?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:35am

Post Subject: Leaking fresh water pump

Dear Richard, It is probably a punctured diaphragm, seal or gasket. Overhaul kits are available for most of the pumps by well known manufacturers but you may have to mail order it from the distributor rather than get it from your local chandlery (but its worth a try. Both myself and another vehicle engineer on the boat next to use tried overhauling our water pump and both of us ended up with different leaks so although many say it is easy I chose to buy a new pump when my second pump leaked. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.