Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
kazand...
kazand...

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:10pm

Post Subject: charging batteries

hi tony,if you go to www.tayna.co.uk click on Numax Battery Chargers then scroll down and click on page 2 it is the second item on this page were you can find the info on the 30amp charger,you can contact me on my e-mail address as follows andylangley1@hotmail.co.uk Regards Andy

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:43pm

Andrew, I have been on that site and although it says specifications on the tab I do not consider them to be proper technical specifications. I could not see any thing about the limits for temperature, humidity and also nothing about the maximum voltages available at each stage of charging. I am sorry, but I am not going to endorse a product I do not know enough about. Tony Brooks

kazand...
kazand...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:28pm

hi Tony,i have the following info on the numax 30amp charger.the safety features are THERMAL PROTECTION,SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION,LED MAINS SOCKET INDICATOR,REVERSE POLARITY PROTECTION,LCD STATE OF CHARGE INDICATOR. Charging Cycle includes BULK CHARGING and FLOAT CHARGING.A regulated trickle charge voltage of no more than 13.8 volts and less than 1amp of current is given to maintain the battery at 100% of full operational capacity.The float charge will not boil or heat the batteries but will maintain the battery charge at 100% readiness and will prevent cycling during long term inactivity.The LCD DISPLAY on the charger will indicate both the nature of the charging operation and the current status of the battery where the following:25%=11.9v,50%=12.6v,75%=13.3v,100%=13. 9v is this ok Regards Andy

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01pm

I do not want to be rude but what part of my statement about not endorsing products I have insufficient information about do you not understand? As a matter of policy I will not contact readers by email or phone. However in the other thread you started I told you how to get my opinion away from the public gaze. If you want to take up my offer click on my "profile" button and act accordingly. If not perhaps another reader who is not so concerned about the potential litigation in the event of an accident will give their opinion about this charger. I certainly will not. Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.48 seconds.