Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
johnjo
johnjo

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:57pm

Post Subject: Battery leads

Hi Tony me again, what size welding cable should I use to connect a new battery bank consisting of 4 x 115Ah leisures plus 1 x starter [CP 700Amps]. They will be all together in one bank, all connections going to two [1 x pos & 1 x Neg] bolts mounted in the aprox centre of the box. The connection from the bolts will be about 2 or 3mts to the mains board/RCB's etc: I can get both 16mm & 25mm, there is not a huge difference in price as I can get it trade. I expect you to say 25mm as bigger is normally better than smaller, but I'll wait for your reply first. Kind regards. John

Battery leads
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:16am

Dear John, I can not do that until I know the length (which you give me) and the maximum current flow. However as you surmise it never hurts to use a larger than necessary cable so go for the 25 sq. mm one. Remember to connect both the domestic charging and load leads so the positive and negative are of very similar lengths and connected on opposite ends of the bank. Tony Brooks

johnjo
johnjo

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:05pm

Thanks once again Tony, I've ordered the 25mm leads, should be here next week, so I know what I'll be doing over Xmas. I sincerely wish you a great Xmas and New Year. Kind regards John

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.