Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bluebell
bluebell

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:32am

Post Subject: Hungerford Marina

Has anyone an update on the proposed new marina at Hungerford (Kennet & Avon).

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:50pm

I can't be much help. I pass the site a few times a year on the A4 and as far as I can see the only development is the advertising hording that has been in place for a few years. Searching the St. Mowden Developers' website throws up one press release dated 2005 and searching on the name of the joint development company produces no hits. I suspect there are problems with finance and pre-letting units. Tony Brooks

tojohnson
tojohnson

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:01am

I also pass the marina sign on the A4 on my journey between my boat moorings at Newbury and home. I can add the following comments as published in the K&A Trust members magazine winter 08. I quote: "Work on Hungerford Marina will not start until the latter part of 2009 at the earliest with the hope of opening in 2010 say developers, St Modwen" Apparently they are in discussion with an interested marina operator. So finance has to be an issue and also the appears to be some planning issues beyond building the marina. I hope that throws a tiny chink of light on this development.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:32pm

Many thanks for that. It illustrates the value of reader's contributions. Cheers, Tony Brooks

bluebell
bluebell

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:23am

Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of sorting out a suitable boat and as I live in Winchester, the K&A from Pewsey to Reading offers a convenient area in which to search for a mooring. Looks like that that proposed marina could be OK in a couple of years time. Thanks again. Ian

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.53 seconds.