Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
thysldo
thysldo

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:50pm

Post Subject: Domestic water pump

I need to replace my PAR diaphram 3.0 gpm domestic water pump,we replaced the rubber seals but it still leaks. The boat is 52ft, the system is fitted with a 1 litre accummulator tank,shower/sink/pump out/2 hand basins/calorifier. Can you suggest a quiet,reliable pump? thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:33pm

Post Subject: Domestic water pump

Brief answer - no. Its the quiet part thats hard/impossible, but connecting with flexible hose (I used tap connectors) and no "squashing" the rubber mounting feet help. Really any pump of similar output from the likes of Jabsco, Flojet, Parmax should do the reliability bit. Try not to be tempted into buying a variable speed or bypass pump, an ordinary one will be fine. However a variable speed pump will slow down with just a single tap open rather than keep turning itself on and off which might make it appear quieter. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.