Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
honeypot
honeypot

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:31am

Post Subject: council tax

hi there, can anyone enlighten me as to the status of boaters and council tax ie, if we have a residential mooring do we pay, if we continous cruise do we pay and if so who do we pay, look forward to readind you replies

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26am

Post Subject: council tax

From what I read this is an exceptionally grey area in respect of "residential" moorings. You do not pay if you CC. If you have a true residential mooring (as opposed to a mooring that is not designated residential but where no one has told you you can not reside) I suggest you consult a lawyer well versed in these matters. I have seen examples of councils being prevented from demanding council tax on livaboards, yet others councils do. I get the impression the type of craft (e.g. does it have an engine) and how you use it has a bearing on it. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.36 seconds.