Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
balmond
balmond

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:03pm

Post Subject: Continuos cruising

Hi there seems to be a lot of controversy about continuous cruising, can someone enlighten me to the whys and wherefores, as I was thinking of doing this with my boat.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:31pm

Post Subject: Continuos cruising

Dear Derek, Please see my answer of 11 days ago. It seems that British Waterways are not very effective in ensuring those who should be more properly termed continuous moorers comply with the regulations. This has lead to certain areas of canal being filled with static and often apparently unlicensed boats, some of who seem to think the area around them is extra storage and a rubbish disposal site. A number of these boats seem to ignore time limits on mooring sites near roads and facilities so genuine continuous cruisers and leisure boaters have problems finding a mooring. Those continuous moorers who do have a license without a approved permanent mooring have to declare themselves continuous cruisers so that term has become debased. Despite BWs attempts to solve the problem and associated publicity/spin (whatever your point of view) the situation seems to be getting worse and now BW seem intent on finding a way to charge those without a home mooring extra license fees. If you intend to cruise and move a fair distance every 14 days or sooner as defined by time limits I doubt you will have any problems as a CCer apart from what BW may meet out to you. But if you think the boat makes a cheap house then I would advise you to think again. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.