Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
rudyvink
rudyvink

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:30am

Post Subject: Brass Mushroom Cleaning

It's nearly spring and it's time to start polishing brass! I have bought that 'Miracle' Brass Cleaner, the one with the solvent/acid, polish and waterproofing. Is it safe to use the solvent on the bases of the mushrooms without removing them from the roof, will it damage the paintwork?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:27pm

Dear Rudy, although I doubt it will do much damage to well cured paint there is no way I am going say that unless either the vendors confirm it or I have used it and know from experience and experience told me to go for stainless steel flying saucer vents so I can not confirm that no damage will be done. Here are the vendors contact details, bets ask them. Tel 01299 401518 Fax 07966 153628 E Mail miracle.leisure@virgin.net Mobile 07767 206246 Tony Brooks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:38am

I should also have pointed out that they sell a mat with a hole in it that is designed to fit around the vent and thus prevent the possible damage you mention. If you are good with scissors or a craft knife I see no reason you can not make your own from a scrap of floor covering etc. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.