Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.


To go back to the experts page click here>>


Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13pm

Post Subject: roman blinds and fixings

we have been looking around to purchase some roman blinds with the press stud type fittings that go at the bottom of the blind and also in the wall below to fix into. we noticed an article in canal boat december 2008 where you feature a boat from cauldon boatbuilders with exactly these type of blinds and wondered if its possible to tell us who manufacturers them or if its a case of a standard roman blind and it is the fittings that are specialist? we really need some privacy and our makeshift cardboard window covers are falling to pieces!!


Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:15am

Post Subject: roman blinds and fixings

Dear Debra, I left this one 24 hours in the hope that someone else would answer, I am still hoping. My first suggestion is to contact Cauldon and ask them. However, having had a look at the pictures, it looks to me as if they are perfectly normal commercially made blinds and that Cauldon probably fitted the press studs. I suggest that you look at retail suppliers - I think Fabric Warehouse supply a fair range as do John Lewis and make sure the blinds have a wooden or plastic batten in the bottom hem (I suspect they all will to make them hang well). The start talking to soft furnishers and car/boat trimmers etc to source the push stud fixings you need. I suspect places like Hobbycraft may sell studs plus the fixing tool as a kit, as may some chandlers. Looking at the pictures I think the studs on the blinds may well have been fitted with access through the ends of the hem. Alternatively the push studs could be fitted through the single layer of fabric just above the hem and then the fixings used on cratches could be used, but I like the push studs because they should not catch clothing as you walk past.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.