Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
boysclub09
boysclub09

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:14pm

Post Subject: Boats lifts for people with disabilities

Am hoping to offer holida/trips for young people with dis, any experince of wheelchair lifts, sorcing, cost etc ? is it feasilble to fit one to a used bopat or am i forced to order new build?

Boats lifts for people with disabilities
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:08pm

Post Subject: Boats lifts for people with disabilities

Dear Steve, I have no direct experience so can not advise other than to say anything is possible but it may not be affordable. I must assume that you are already moving in circles concerned with disabled youngsters so I am sure you have access to resources that list the charities that already operate boats for the disabled. I think your best bet is to contact a few and ask them about costs & problems etc. If you are not already active in that area please seek advice before you go too far because I think you will need a full CRB check & vetting by your social services department. Then you will need a Boatmasters certificate. It may well be cheaper and easier to act as organiser and charter one of the existing disabled charity boats. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.