Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Isandlwana
Isandlwana

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:26am

Post Subject: Central Heating

I have a Hurricane heater the installation of which requires 22mm piping to the calorifier and the option of either 22mm or 15mm piping to the radiators. What is the advantage of using 22mm piping for the distribution of water to the radiators? I have been told that by doing so places less stress on the water pump and prelongs its life. I really do not want to replace all the 15mm pipework unless there is a very good reason. Many thnaks Neil Downes

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:33am

Post Subject: Central Heating

Dear Neil, 22mm should reduce the load on the pump but why do you not consult the distributors and get the facts instead of opinion. Contact Calcutt Boats Nr. Southam. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.