Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
alanclarke
alanclarke

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:53pm

Post Subject: generators

i know some people say it's not the beat practice to have a generator on a boat but some times needs must, has CANAL BOAT ever done any features on silent generators, thank's alan

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:07pm

Post Subject: generators

Dear Alan, I have been involved with the magazine for several years and do not recall any features specifically devoted to generators. However z couple of things concern me about your question. The first one is the statement that you have been told it is bad practice to have generators on a boat. This, as it stands, is absolute nonsense. It all depends upon what sort of generator you are talking about. The second thing is the reference to silent generators. Unless you are talking about a solar array there is no such thing. Even a Whispergen makes a little noise. If you would like to reply and be a little more specific about what you have in mind I will try to advise further. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.