Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
jeanie
jeanie

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:11pm

Post Subject: Masons Middle Green paint/Craftmaster Cream paint

I would like to purchase small tins of paint of Masons Middle Green and Craftmaster Cream to use as touch-up on my narrowboat, without having to buy the large tins. Could you please let me know if any are available and from where?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:48pm

Dear Dave, Me also! I doubt either are called just plain cream and unless you can find either a British Standard or an RAUL number for the colour it is likely to be unmatchable unless you can get the original colour formula. Even the the paint on the boat has probably faded so will be a different colour. If you do have a BS or RAUL number then I understand the smaller B&Q's mix Deluxe in ml cans, but I am not convinced ordinary Deluxe will be a serviceable as the original. Masons is no more and just to confuse matters they did at least two middle greens. Unfortunately I gave my Masons chart to Westfield so can not check for an RAUL or BS number for any of the middle greens. Narrowboatcolours (0121 693 4020) will mix to Masons colours, but in 1 litre cans. Craftmaster are still very much in business and they will probably mix to Masons colours, but I doubt they will supply in smaller cans, but give them a ring just in case (01384 485554). Otherwise I fear you will be stuck with locating a source of small tins and decanting one litre containers into them and sealing well. When you come to use them there will be a problem re-mixing the paint which will have settled. Tony Brooks PS, if you want a small "Airfix" type tin of middle green (Narrowboatcolours mix) I will happily decant some into your tin.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11pm

WARNING - I have just re-checked my answer & I see the computer has changed RAL to RAUL. The paint code is RAL, not as stated in the original answer. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.33 seconds.