Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
emilyb
emilyb

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:16pm

Post Subject: Bath pump

And finally, had a lovely hot bath yesterday. It's a 4 foot bath, but I'm only hobbit size. The pump drained just over half the water away and then packed up. Any ideas? My first thought was that the fuse had blown, but I haven't found the fusebox yet!

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:48pm

Post Subject: Bath pump

Is the pump motor running but its not pumping or is it silent. In the first case you probably have a filter blocked with hair or hair jambing the pump valves (depending upon type of pump) and in the second case it has to be either a faulty component or no electricity. The fuses are usually right at the back of the cabin but some "novel" wiring systems have recently been promoted that scatter fuses throughout the boat. If it is a fuse and it keeps blowing you need to ensure the cables will allow you to fit a higher rated fuse. Do not just fit a larger one because it could result in a fire (unlikely but still possible). Also thing about a faulty switch, wires come adrift and a faulty motor. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.