Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Tom
Tom

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:55pm

Post Subject: Thetford Cassette C200 Toilet

I want to replace the flooring in the bathroom of my narrowboat. To get the best possible finish I would like to remove the toilet, lay the new flooring and put the toilet back. The cassette is removed via a hatch in the pasageway outside the bathroom. Could you please give me step by step instructions on the removal of the toilet. Thanks Tom

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:44am

Dear Tom, NO, No, No to each question. I have been onto the Thetford website and find several different toilets listed. You do not tell me which yours is. Unlike the US site the European one gives down-loadable fitting instructions. You can use these to work out how to uninstall it. The web address is (http://www.thetford-europe.com/web/show/id=8454 9/langid=42) all on one line. If your boat is CE marked you should have this information in your boat manual. I did notice that the illustrations appeared to show the use of silicon sealer and the body of the model I was looking at as being lifted onto a long retaining clip on the bulkhead. If this so so for yours I think you are likely to break something in trying to lift it off the clips and at the same time break the silicon seal. It might be better to cut the old flooring away from around the base and the use one of those profilers on the base to cut the new flooring to accurately fit around the base. Then seal the gap between the base and flooring with silicon sealer. Tony Brooks

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:02pm

Thanks Tony, I will take your advice and cut around the toilet. No point in tempting fate. Tom

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.