Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
sooty1957
sooty1957

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:27pm

Post Subject: bulkhead construction

Hello, Are there any regulations regarding the construction of bulkheads that form the bathroom area ? Or can you use just a boarded frame or even a piece of blockboard. What is 'standard' practice? Thankyou Steve

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:17am

Assuming this is an inland boat that does not have to comply with any regs apart from the Boat Safety Scheme there are no standards I know of. If the boat is to be CE marked please consult a surveyor experienced in the CE regulations. Typically blockboard, plywood and increasingly today veneered MDF is used. I fear a frame covered in sheet materials will tend to drum and transmit noise unless the covering is made inordinately thick. This is not what you really want space wise on a narrowboat.

sooty1957
sooty1957

Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:48pm

Thankyou Tony for your quick reply. I will use blockboard removed elsewhere from the narrowboat.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.