Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
donwburt
donwburt

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:39pm

Post Subject: engine service

What should I do for a basic engine service on my Kubota engine?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:24am

Dear Don - whatever it says in your engine manual. I can not go against the marinisers service schedule. If you send your email address to Tony@TB-Training.co.uk by noon tomorrow (Thursday) I will email a copy of my draft for the engine servicing feature we ran about 18 months ago. It has pictures in it so if you are on mobile broadband please send your postal address. Tony Brooks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:09pm

I am sorry you have not been able to send me your contact details before I set off for Crick. unfortunately if you now send them there will be a few day's delay in replying. This forum is not suitable for providing tabulated lists of tasks, let alone long instructions about how to undertake them or what the words mean which is why I asked for your contact details, but a typical service on any engine would include: Change engine oil and filter. Change/clean air filter. Change gearbox oil if applicable Check coolant antifreeze strength. Check coolant hoses (visual). Change fuel filter(s) and bleed system. Check/test batteries and top up as required. Remove alternator drive belt(s) and assess. Replace/renew and tension. Check/adjust valve clearances. Check alternator output. Adjust/pack stern gland if required. Visual inspection of engine area for faults (including mounts and engine feet). Check/lubricate trunnions on single lever control. If wet exhaust:Remove raw water impeller and inspect, inspect pump. Renew impeller. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.