Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
richard123
richard123

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:35pm

Post Subject: Gas fitter ?

Been trying to find a gas fitter in cheshire with no luck can anybody suggest how i can find one to install gas to my sailaway with a certificate Many thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:26am

Post Subject: Gas fitter ?

Contact Gas Safe, the outfit the government have given the CORGI contract. However I emailed them a question about their codes of practise well over a month ago and they seem to be ignoring it. Otherwise you need to start talking to boatyards and look at the adds in the back of the magazine. However I am not sure what certificate you are after unless this is to be a hire boat. The BSS only specifies the work must be done by a competent person. I do my own gas work and then get a BSS inspector to test it. Do not attempt to do this unless you are sure of your competence and are not going to hire the boat out. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.