Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
stevieb
stevieb

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:06pm

Post Subject: fuse blown

Hi Tony I have a problem when starting my narrowboat, when i turn the ignition switch on the oil & ignition warning lights go on but as soon as i turn the switch to start the engine the fuse on the back of the ignition switch ( big brown cable) blows. this has been an ongoing problem for the last few months. the fuse was originally 15amp but when i replace it with a 30amp it starts ok. previous to this i have had no problems & no electrical items have been added or replaced. hope you can shed some light on this thanks stevieb

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:10am

Post Subject: fuse blown

Dear Steve, please can I have an engien make & model and also tell me if the engine uses any glow plugs. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.36 seconds.