Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
firstmate
firstmate

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:11am

Post Subject: washing machine

In preparation for living aboard/continuous cruising I am looking to install a small washing machine. I have seen a 1300w/3.5kg load zanussi with cold fill that looks about right for us. I have an 1800w inverter but will probably run it of my 2kw generator - my one concern is water pressure for the cold fill - is this (or anything else) something I may have a problem with ?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23pm

Dear Lew, You can adjust the water pressure by a screw on the water pump, but it may invalidate any warranty on the pump. If there will be a problem it is more likely that the pressure will be too high rather than too low. A pure sine wave inverter from a reputable supplier should give a more standard output than the mains does at home and even better than a generator so if the output is large enough and its a pure sine unit then I think you will be fine. I am not going to comment about how well the machine will perform on the generator but many are also fine. If the inverter is a modified sine one then expect the worst. Tony Brooks

firstmate
firstmate

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:09pm

Cheers, Tony - thanks for for your speedy reply..

liam09
liam09

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10pm

Water input to the machine is controled by a pressure which switches on and off the soloid valves for hot and cold water the valve will call for water regardless of water pressure and will not turn off until the pressure in the tub tells the pressure switch to turn off the valve. You may also wish to consider do you need more than 1100 spin speed as the motor will spin faster the body and parts will not last as long at 1300 rev's I used to be a Service engineer for domestic appliances.

washing machine

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.95 seconds.