Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bluemist001
bluemist001

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00pm

Post Subject: inverter

hi tony i have a 40ft trad narrowboat.iwould like to know what size inverter would suit i just need to run a 12v tele and maybe 2 energy saving lamps.i have a coal stove for heat 12v lighting gas hot water and 2 pumps for domestic /shower a large cassette toilet.gas hob no oven i,m here to enjoy the simple life kenny (blue mist)

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:24pm

Dear Kenny, why not ditch the energy saving lamps and get a couple of 12v halogens or better still proper marine/motor-home 12v LED lamps and forget the inverter, you have listed nothing but the lamps that require mains and once the inverter losses are taken into account even those might not be as energy saving as they seem. To be honest you may need to charge a phone, rechargeable "dry" cells etc and I find a 150 watt "Maplin Special" does that well enough plus recharged the hand held vacuum cleaner and the odd rechargeable power tool. Tony Brooks

bluemist001
bluemist001

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:06pm

thanks tony sounds the ideal solution and not going to hit the pocket

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.54 seconds.