Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
pamaloon
pamaloon

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:42am

Post Subject: Mick Thompson's Boater's Lockmate

I've at last found details re the Boater's Lockmate (designed/produced by Mick Thompson) on the web. I'm sure there'll be many other members who saw the Remote Controlled Narrowboat gadget on WaterWorld. As a disabled member this is of great interest to me but when I tried to contact MT on the email address offered at the bottom of his webpage, the email was returned as no longer of use. Has anyone, please, any news regarding this particular Mick Thompson and, if so, his contact email address? I'd truly be grateful. Likewise, if anyone has heard/read/know of/tried etc anything similar, that can operate a narrowboat's engine controls whilst the steerer is working locks etc I'd be very grateful for any information. If asking for this help is not permitted through the CanalBoat Ask A Question pages, then please accept my apologies. Thank you. pamaloon

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:26pm

Post Subject: Mick Thompson's Boater's Lockmate

Dear Pam, I am sure the magazine is happy for you to ask this sort of thing. Unfortunately I have no information, but perhaps the editor has. I must advise caution over this. I understand this product is said to be "fail safe". I would want to know exactly how it fails safe and what any boater can do to reset it when they are on the lock side and the boat is in the bottom of the lock. I would also want to get my insurance companies agreement that it could be fitted to the boat, used and cover would not be at risk in the case of an accident. I am not trying to be negative but I obviously have some concerns. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.