Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
favours
favours

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33pm

Post Subject: Furniture

Can anyone give me the names of suppliers of "small" furniture designed for narrowboats. Thanks Duncan

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18pm

Dear Duncan, I know may people have bough furniture from the likes of Ikea and it would certainly be worth spending a little time browsing you local independent furniture stores - the ones in a secondary location. You just ask about furniture so we have no idea what you need - is it tables and dining room chairs, beds, arm chairs or sofas etc. If its arm chairs I am afraid the people I preferred suffered health problems a few years ago and seems to have disappeared. However if you look at the adds in the magazines you will find a several companies who say they supply furniture suitable for boats. The one company I know that makes small arm chairs for boats is Elite Furnishing but I have a problem with recommending their designs, although they seem very obliging. Tony Brooks

favours
favours

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:48pm

Tony, Thanks it is armchairs that we are interested in. Duncan

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.32 seconds.