Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
mcpauly
mcpauly

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19pm

Post Subject: building a marina

if me and my friends built a funky new marina for about fifty boats near Birmingham on the A435 near Coockmore woods, would there be any takers??

building a marina
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:20am

I suspect that a far more major worry will be getting planning permission. Contact BW because I think they have a special section specifically to help and advise potential marina builders. This is not something that starts on a magazine forum it its serious. Tony Brooks

mcpauly
mcpauly

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:01am

Tony understood! We have approached the Council and what we are considering does fit the brief, also BW will support us. We need to understand the demand / appetite form existing users for this location. It is possible to make this a very attractive stand-alone location, as the site is a little under 12 Acres, with supporting leisure / retail / bars / café tailored to appeal to all age ranges. Asking the boating community for their views directly helps us understand whether we are on the right track or not. Kind regards Paul

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:12pm

Dear Paul, I feel the magazine forums do not attract a very representative selection of boaters. I think you would get a far better and more representative response if you asked in the Canal World forum but it is vital that you are absolutely "up front" about what you are doing. Otherwise if the think you are trying to get free advertising they can be very harsh. Tony Brooks

mcpauly
mcpauly

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:02pm

Thanks Tony - it is not my intention to get free advertising, I need to understand a genuine interest form boaters at this location - as a marina is less yielding from a development point of view - the area required to do something worthwhile, but it enhances and adds value to neighbouring development. It also contributes a small amount to the off line moorings requirement overall. May be you could call me to discuss - 07989 065 289

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.