Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Nicholas Carr
Nicholas Carr

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:09pm

Post Subject: shire engine full service

Hi, can you help I am finding it very difficult & I mean difficult to obtain any information on qualified people who can do full engine service,ie oil,fuel,air,water,gearbox,etc,on shire engines.Do you have any suggestions who I can contact.location of my narrowboat is Rufford,merseyside.many thanks Nickk

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:26am

Dear Nikk, There is nothing particularly special about the shire so any competent diesel mechanic should be able to do the service. As around the other boaters in your area for recommendations. A well known national waterways version of the AA or RAC offers servicing during the winter months and also two methods of you being trained to do it yourself. Both probably cost less than paying for a service. My advert in this month's magazine will give you contact details. Tony Brooks

Nicholas Carr
Nicholas Carr

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:13pm

Thank you for the info Tony.Nikk

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.