Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
diversion0
diversion0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:56pm

Post Subject: holiday cruise

i am holidaying next year two weeks leistershire ring from nuneaton,i am wondering if it is possible to do a round rout of 157 miles in this time and still have time to look at places.thier will be 4 people on board so should be ok for locks, malcolm kersley

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:19pm

Dear Malcolm, what time of year. I would be hesitant in trying any ring with a river navigation in it during the spring or autumn because of potential closures due to high flows. I think that if you play with Canal Planner AC at http://www2.mihalis.net/canal/cgi-bin/index.cgi (all on one line) you would get a very good idea of cruising time, then just add in the sightseeing time. Tony Brooks

diversion0
diversion0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:46pm

we will be on canal middle of may

diversion0
diversion0

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58pm

thanks tony web site very good found out all i wanted to know

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.