Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Caraline
Caraline

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:57am

Post Subject: Water under cabin

My boat had some water under the cabin, I pumped it out a little has come back and it is still very damp. Is this normal? The previous owners said a water pump froze and split last winter but it was fixed. I am wondering now if it was. Also I can hear the pump in the bathroom turn on and off about every half hour. Don't know if that's connected or not. New to canal boats!

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:54pm

Post Subject: Water under cabin

There are several things that can allow a water pump to keep turning itself on and off apart from leaks in the system, but that is certainly one of the possibilities. It can take a long time for water in the accommodation bilge to drain back to the inspection hatch so it needs that area draining and drying daily over a couple weeks to ensure it has all drained back. If you are getting similar amounts of water out each time them you probably do have a leak, but if it gradually gets less then its probably normal. Keep mopping and see what happens. Come back if you need to. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.34 seconds.