Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
ashleyp
ashleyp

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29am

Post Subject: Throttle Control

I have a simplicity B183 - 35460P single lever side mount control attached to Ultraflex control cables fitted to my narrowboat. Recently the throttle lever has been 'backing off' and not maintaining rpm. I have been told that this model has a 'brake tension release system' that can be adjusted from the outside. I am blowed if I can find it and don't want to adjust the control cables for fear of messing up the rigging. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Ashley

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:34am

Dear Ashley, Unfortunately the Simplicity website does not give access to the instruction for their controls. I suggest that you use this contact form to ask them to be absolutely sure: http://www.simplicity-marine.com/contactus.htm (all on one line). However it would not surprise me if there wass not a screw accessed under a cover in the centre of the arm's boss. It probably has the Simplicity logo on it. Tony Brooks

ashleyp
ashleyp

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:08pm

Many thanks Tony I have previously located that screw but it only seems to hold the side mount to the bulkhead. I also mailed simplicity as I too, could not find any details on installation. Unfortunately, it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, but I will try again. Ashley

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:13pm

I don't think we are talking about the same screw. If the centre of the handle boss can be prised out of the handle I suspect you may find a nut under there holding the handle to the control and a screw in the centre of the nut. If your injector pump has a return spring fitted to the throttle arm just unclip it and make sure the cable pushes the lever right back to idle. Adjust the cable if not. One other manufacturer suggest that you fit a "pull open" spring to the throttle lever on the pump to counteract the engine's tendency to close the throttle. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.