Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
mpitter
mpitter

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:57pm

Post Subject: Outboard engine powered 23foot approx steel narrow boat

I saw an almost new short (about 23feet) narrowboat with a honda outboard engine for power recently but do not know the manufacturer, does anyone know who manufactures these short steel outboard powered narrow boats please.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:09pm

Dear Mark, Makers of such things come and go and I am not sure a well looked after, recently repainted boat would not look "almost new". If it's for sale ask the vendor or if you see it again ask the owners. The two common builders of small steel boats were Springer (water bug) & Sievwright (Owl). Midway boats also seem to have built them recently. Tony Brooks

wirren
wirren

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:28pm

Hello, It could have been from The Little Boat Company. Link - http://www.littleboatco.co.uk/ My wife & I did go & look at his boat & also 1 being built a few months ago so I am sure he is still in business. Very nice chap. Regards Mark.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.