Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
hp6902
hp6902

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:35pm

Post Subject: benjamin/mpw5 generator

i have a G German diesel generator made by Set. it's a Benjamin MPW5.I want to service it have you ideas where I can get spares from.Many Thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:26pm

Post Subject: benjamin/mpw5 generator

Short answer - NO. However whilst googling for some sort of answer I found more hits linked MPW5 with the Zeise company and this website has a picture and offers service http://www.suttonmarineservices.com/id12.html (all on one line) The same site suggests it is Farymann based which in turn means a Farymann may carry spares. What you probably need to do is to identify the engine make and model, not the company who put it together, and then either the engine dealers or even a local motor factors may be able to supply you with the filters etc. In fact you may be able to find the filters; makers and part numbers by looking on them so you can just get the same. If this is on a CE marked boat the builder is obliged to hold the technical manual for your boat so they may be able to provide more help. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.34 seconds.