Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
romac1
romac1

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:49am

Post Subject: Fuel Additives

Hello Tony Happy New Year,prior to this recent spell of cold weather I topped up my diesel tank on our narrowboat and I also added one of the fuel additives (fuel set )as I usually do each year,however I have had Webasto central heating fitted earlier in the year and I wondered if the Webasto unit would be adversly affected by the fuel additive.(the central heating does not have a seperate fuel tank).Thanks Jeff Mac

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:14am

Dear Jeff, It seems manufacturers of this type of heating system have a habit of blaming anything other than shortcomings in their design of marine use even though I can see absolutely no foreseeable problem as long as you have been using the additive for a fair period time it would not surprise me if/when a problem cropped up there was not an attempt to blame the additive. (Aren't I cynical!). If you had only just started using the additive I could foresee problems caused by the amount of emulsified water in the fuel. I trust you get my drift on this question but I dare not give you an unequivocal yes or no. Tony Brooks

romac1
romac1

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:30am

Thanks Tony yes I have been using the same additive for the past four years on each fill up,with a little extra before the winter lay up.Thanks for the prompt reply.Jeff Mac.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.53 seconds.